-
September 3rd, 2006, 08:33 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Hi, Tranquil!
The old '75 list shows that # used in both 807s and 808s exclusively, and all in MI/PA systems, so they'd be Symbiotiks. 908s started with Symbiotics also, so that diaphragm evidently was in production post-AlNiCo. Since no Symbioteks have been made for a long time (being surpassed by the current versions), the choices now are aluminum or Pascalite (stock from GPA), or aluminum or titanium (aftermarket from ???). They've fallen from favor, but they weren't terrible. More importantly, is their condition, if they saw regular commercial usage as intended, the surrounds may be compromised just from regular, long-term use. Play 'em. The proof's in the pudding, and the choice is simple. If they sound fine to you, enjoy, if not, ante up.
For the best advice which to buy for your system nowdays, ask Bill when you call to order some.
-
September 3rd, 2006, 03:29 PM
#2
Hostboard Member
I have a pair of NOS diaphragms #21545 I purchased these for my 802-8D drivers years ago and will like to us them in a pair of 908-8A's I recently purchased. I'm interested to find some info on these in order to know if they will work in the 908-8A's and the type of material they're made of aluminum, very light aluminum etc.I have looked up the driver parts list at GPA and cannot find them listed. Anyone recognize these, as always your help is appreciated.
-
September 5th, 2006, 01:41 AM
#3
Hostboard Member
Thanks for the response Bfish.These diapragms have not seen any action, so it's good to know I have a pair of new symbiotiks to test and experience what they sound like. I'll load them into my 908's when they come in.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks